INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Links to Other websites
- Our Site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of
- Personally Identifiable Information You Provide to Us
- Anyone can access our Web sites, but there are certain areas and services that require registration or provision of certain personal information if accessed, such as by way of example: entering premium content areas, placing advertisements online and making other online purchases, signing up for e-mail newsletters, promotions, contests, sweepstakes or special offers, or participating in reader forums, message boards, chats and reader surveys. If you choose to make a purchase or use such areas, we will ask for certain personally identifiable information, which may include name, mailing address, valid e-mail address and other personal information. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us at registration, we may send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, regarding any information or services you request, and to manage your “account”. We will communicate with you by e-mail or other method as directed by you. If you decline to supply or maintain with us certain information while using our Web sites, please understand that you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered through the Web sites.
- We strive to keep all personal information (such as your name or e-mail address) that you voluntarily provide us private. We do not authorize your personal information to be shared with third parties without your consent. Certain information supplied by you to our Web sites may be password-protected, and you should take all necessary measures to protect the secrecy of your password. If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with others, remember to log out/sign out and close your browser window when you finish accessing our Web site in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information. You are solely responsible for the control and use of each password you create.
- Aggregate Information that is Automatically Collected. Cookies
- We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate through our Web sites. For example, to enhance your experience on our Web sites, we use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie”. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Web site, cookies help us track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Web site where you have entered preference information before. MY SPY also may use pixel tags (single-pixel image files also known as transparent GIFs, clear GIFs or web beacons) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Web site or open our HTML-formatted e-mail messages. The information that is collected through the use of these image files is not personally identifiable and is used only to track responses to our advertising and promotional efforts. Another example of information that we automatically collect as you navigate our Web sites is information in “log files” about your computer’s connection to the Internet such as a user’s IP address (the number assigned automatically to your computer whenever you use the Internet), length of time spent on the Web sites, and the pages accessed during each visit to the Web sites. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement on the Web sites, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information except if necessary to provide certain premium content or services for which you have registered. In general, aggregate information allows us to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Web sites.
- In addition, third party advertisers or third party ad servers that place and present advertising on the Web site also may collect information from you via cookies, pixel tags or similar technologies. These third party advertisers and ad servers may use the information they collect to help present their advertisements, to help measure and research the advertisements’ effectiveness, or for other uses. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware that when they leave our Web sites for another site, even if through a link, they should read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. The provision of external links to other Web sites is a common practice on the Internet and it in no way indicates that we have any responsibility or control over the linked company, its products, services, or Web site.
- Other Aggregate Information
- If we gather demographic information from you (for example, your age, education level or household income), we will not share that information in a manner that identifies you as an individual with any other third party. Any information that might be shared with third parties will be aggregate information only (“aggregate” meaning demographic information speaking only to the broad characteristics of a group), unless we are required to release additional information under conditions described in next section “Legal Matters”.
- Legal Matters
- “My Spy” considers your use of the service to be private. However, we may access or disclose information about you, your account, recorded information stored in your account and/or the content of your communications, in order to: (1) comply with the law or legal process served on us; (2) enforce and investigate potential violations of this contract; including use of this service to participate in, or facilitate, activities that violate the law; (3) investigate potential fraudulent activities; or (4) protect the rights, property, or safety of “My Spy”, its employees, its customers or the public. You consent to the access and disclosures outlined in this section.
- Please be advised that all the logs of your SpyApp account dated more than 3 months will be automatically deleted, for reasons of security. Logs can be downloaded for further storage, should the necessity arise.
HOW DO I OPT OUT OR CHANGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
CHILDREN’S ON-LINE PRIVACY INFORMATION
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY